Advanced Neurorehabilitation Therapies & Sports
The association ANTS was created in 2015 by Vance Bergeron, a CNRS Scientifique Director at the Ecole Normale Supérieure de Lyon. Vance Bergeron became tetraplegic in February 2013 after being hit by a car while riding his bicycle to work one morning. During his hospitalization and after returning home he has continued to regain strength and acquire maximum independence through a novel rehabilitation program that combines state-of-the-art technologies and sports training. Through ANTS this experience is being shared and further developed.
The « Carbon Trike », carbon fiber tricycle, was made in order to participate to the Functional Electrical Stimulation bike race on the Cybathlon 2016. The frame was manufactured by the Swedish Carbontrikes company, which constructs the world’s lightest recumbent tricycles.
Overcome neuromotor impairment by providing advanced neurorehabilitation therapies.
Develop and provide state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, with experts to carryout the most advanced neuro-rehabilitation therapies and fitness programs available.
Assist individuals in achieving their highest potential by improving function and independence
Reduce secondary injuries and diseases due to sedentary lifestyle
Promote specially adapted sporting events
Sponsor state-of-the-art research and development in neurorehabilitation therapies
A fully equipped gym for all activities
- 4 Equipments
- 1 Sport Coach
- 3 Bikes
FES bike race
The association ANTS organizes on September 7th-8th 2018 Lyon Cyber Bike, a gathering around functional electrical stimulation bike. This event takes place at the Parc de Gerland in the 7th arrondissement of Lyon in parallel of Lyon Free Bike.
On Friday September 7th, three conferences will be held by three worldwide global experts in functional electrical stimulation and functional electrical stimulation cycling. Saturday will be devoted to a friendly race at Parc de Gerland where everyone is invited to participate. More program details here.
Venez nous voir et partager autour du handicap, du vélo, de l’électrostimulation ainsi que d’autres
Come to see us and share about disability, cycling, electrical stimulation and other projects we are working on!
Carried out actions by the association in 2017
Financer la recherche
- Travaux de l’équipe du laboratoire de Physique de l’ENS de Lyon autour du cyclisme à stimulation électrique (FES cycling)
- SSNR, Valencia, Espagne (septembre 2015)
- Cybathlon, Kloten, Suisse (octobre 2016)
- ETRAN, Kladovo, Serbie (juin 2017)
- Rehabweek, London, Angleterre (juillet 2017)
- SSNR, Baiona, Espagne, (septembre 2017)
- Popović, Aleksić, Metani et al. Assesment of spasticity by a pendulum test in SCI patients who exercise FES cycling or receive only conventional therapy (2017, Transactions on Neural Systems & Rehabilitation Engineering)
- Metani, Popović, Mateo et al. FES cycling strategies tested during preparation for Cybathlon 2016 – a practical report of team ENS Lyon (2017, European Journal of Translational Myology)
- Projet « Circles », développement d’un vélo à stimulation électrique adapté au plus grand nombre de handicaps et destiné à un usage quotidien
- Biovisions, Lyon, France (avril 2017)
- Startup Weekend, Lyon, France (octobre 2017) : prix « coup de cœur » du jury
Sensibiliser le grand public
- ESPCI, Paris, France (mai 2017)
- Science Pop, Lyon, France (juin 2017)
- Réparer l’Homme, Villeurbanne, France (septembre 2017)
- Festival du film scientifique, Paris, France (octobre 2017)
- Communication via la chaîne Youtube de l’association